The pang hit me harder than usual. I felt it deep inside. The picture wasn't particularly special. Just another shot along some dusty African road with the ubiquitous acacia tree. I've seen hundreds of those over the years. But what it reminded me of stopped me in my tracks.
Freedom. Another time, both undefined and ephemeral. Another place, so strange and distant but always calling to my human origins.
I was young then. I was searching for meaning. I was searching for identity. I sought connection...
Poker Curious News and Promos
Rake is the term for what poker players pay to play poker on a poker site. Rake is how poker rooms make money. The poker sites deducts a certain amount from every cash game pot, or have the player pay an extra fee on top of the buy in for every tournament and Sit and Go. The poker sites average a 5% rake across all their games. With the volume of players and hands, that accumulates into a tremendous amount of money. Rakeback is simply a discount you receive back from the rake you pay in.
Everybody today knows what I learned back then because it's in all the poker books. But nobody knew the right way to play back in those days - Doyle Brunson
- 2013 World Poker Tour $100,000 Super High Roller Day 2: Courtney and Cheong Lead Final
- World Series of Poker National Championship Day 1: Vornicu Leads as 62 Advance
- 2013 WPT Championship Day 5: Negreanu Bubbles Final Table; Rheem and Lindgren Lead
- Ben "Bttech86" Tollerene Joins 3Bet Poker Clothing Team
- 2013 World Poker Tour $100,000 Super High Roller Day 1: Silverman, Timoshenko in Front
- GPI Player of the Year: Small Shake Up in the Top 10; Mercier Jumps to No. 15
- Survivor's "Boston" Rob Mariano on Poker, Daniel Negreanu's Reality TV Aspirations & More
- What advice would you give to a successful tournament player who wants to move into the cash-game arena?
- What does BB/100 vs. bb/100 mean?
- What adjustments should a tournament player make when they move to cash games?
- How do I get started in online poker?
- What should I do if I think a player at my table is cheating?