Another day, another company buys a promising smaller company at a high valuation. AOL recently announced they had purchased Santa Monica-based Gravity for $90 million. Gravity was founded in 2009 and deals in the world of content personalization. After the recent focuses on search and more recently all things social, personalization is one of the hot new trends in web.
The concept of personalization isn't new. Everyone appreciates having personalized attention and service. If I walk into a business and they ...
Poker Curious News and Promos
Rake is the term for what poker players pay to play poker on a poker site. Rake is how poker rooms make money. The poker sites deducts a certain amount from every cash game pot, or have the player pay an extra fee on top of the buy in for every tournament and Sit and Go. The poker sites average a 5% rake across all their games. With the volume of players and hands, that accumulates into a tremendous amount of money. Rakeback is simply a discount you receive back from the rake you pay in.
Life is too long to play bad cards - Frank Di Elsi
- 2013 World Poker Tour $100,000 Super High Roller Day 2: Courtney and Cheong Lead Final
- World Series of Poker National Championship Day 1: Vornicu Leads as 62 Advance
- 2013 WPT Championship Day 5: Negreanu Bubbles Final Table; Rheem and Lindgren Lead
- Ben "Bttech86" Tollerene Joins 3Bet Poker Clothing Team
- 2013 World Poker Tour $100,000 Super High Roller Day 1: Silverman, Timoshenko in Front
- GPI Player of the Year: Small Shake Up in the Top 10; Mercier Jumps to No. 15
- Survivor's "Boston" Rob Mariano on Poker, Daniel Negreanu's Reality TV Aspirations & More