I removed the newspaper from the protective plastic sheath commonly found during the rainy months in Oregon. As I unfolded the newspaper, I saw the disturbing lead story on the main page "Portland poker rooms face shutdown under bill at Oregon Legislature." I braced myself for yet another assault on the liberty of American poker players. This time in my own back yard.
A quick glance at the large accompanying color photo gave me some hope to battle the articles apparent poker scene negativity. Pictured was a young,...
Poker Curious News and Promos
Rake is the term for what poker players pay to play poker on a poker site. Rake is how poker rooms make money. The poker sites deducts a certain amount from every cash game pot, or have the player pay an extra fee on top of the buy in for every tournament and Sit and Go. The poker sites average a 5% rake across all their games. With the volume of players and hands, that accumulates into a tremendous amount of money. Rakeback is simply a discount you receive back from the rake you pay in.
One day a chump, the next day a champion. What a difference a day makes in tournament poker. - Mike Sexton
- 2013 World Poker Tour $100,000 Super High Roller Day 2: Courtney and Cheong Lead Final
- World Series of Poker National Championship Day 1: Vornicu Leads as 62 Advance
- 2013 WPT Championship Day 5: Negreanu Bubbles Final Table; Rheem and Lindgren Lead
- Ben "Bttech86" Tollerene Joins 3Bet Poker Clothing Team
- 2013 World Poker Tour $100,000 Super High Roller Day 1: Silverman, Timoshenko in Front
- GPI Player of the Year: Small Shake Up in the Top 10; Mercier Jumps to No. 15
- Survivor's "Boston" Rob Mariano on Poker, Daniel Negreanu's Reality TV Aspirations & More