The pang hit me harder than usual. I felt it deep inside. The picture wasn't particularly special. Just another shot along some dusty African road with the ubiquitous acacia tree. I've seen hundreds of those over the years. But what it reminded me of stopped me in my tracks.
Freedom. Another time, both undefined and ephemeral. Another place, so strange and distant but always calling to my human origins.
I was young then. I was searching for meaning. I was searching for identity. I sought connection...
Poker Curious News and Promos
Rake is the term for what poker players pay to play poker on a poker site. Rake is how poker rooms make money. The poker sites deducts a certain amount from every cash game pot, or have the player pay an extra fee on top of the buy in for every tournament and Sit and Go. The poker sites average a 5% rake across all their games. With the volume of players and hands, that accumulates into a tremendous amount of money. Rakeback is simply a discount you receive back from the rake you pay in.
A card player should learn that once the money is in the pot, it isn't his any longer. - Herbert Yardley
- 2013 World Poker Tour $100,000 Super High Roller Day 2: Courtney and Cheong Lead Final
- World Series of Poker National Championship Day 1: Vornicu Leads as 62 Advance
- 2013 WPT Championship Day 5: Negreanu Bubbles Final Table; Rheem and Lindgren Lead
- Ben "Bttech86" Tollerene Joins 3Bet Poker Clothing Team
- 2013 World Poker Tour $100,000 Super High Roller Day 1: Silverman, Timoshenko in Front
- GPI Player of the Year: Small Shake Up in the Top 10; Mercier Jumps to No. 15
- Survivor's "Boston" Rob Mariano on Poker, Daniel Negreanu's Reality TV Aspirations & More