I had planned to make an announcement today, but that has been put off by a day so I thought I would share a little more from the Twitterverse...
As most everyone has heard by now, the U.S. Department of Justice amended their Full Tilt Poker civil money laundering charges to include additional owners of Full Tilt (i.e. Howard Lederer, Chris Ferguson, and Rafe Furst) and their resulting liability in the wake of revelations that Full Tilt rewarded their owners over the last four years to the tune of $443 million and yet the company finds itself unable to pay back over $300 million in player liabilities.
The Twitterverse buzzed all day with reactions and commentary. Humor based reactions were quick to follow with the hashtag #RejectedFTPSlogans. I thought I would share a few of them with you.
- Play with the pros who play with your money
- Full Tilt Poker: $443 Million Reasons To Learn, Chat and Play With Our Pros
- Learn, chat, and play with the guys who are pocketing your deposits.
- Full Tilt Poker: Not Just Your Home For Poker. We Sell Flowers and Golf Balls, Too.
- You've got to ask yourself one question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?
- Full Tilt: We treat your money like its ours.
- $600 Deposit Bonus. 100% Rake!
- You stand a better chance of cashing out your Zynga chips.
- Our pros beat you, they keep your money. You beat our pros...same thing.
- Full Tilt: Segregated Accounts are for Nits.
- Learn how to hustle from the pros.
- We will gladly pay you Tuesday for a deposit today.
- You deposit this time, and it's all over, baby.
- Deposits so easy, we don't even wait for your check to clear!
- You know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. We know when to walk away and when to run.
- Full Tilt Poker: At least we don't pay $16 for our muffins!
- Nobody's perfect.
Special mention goes to @PokerGrump who single-handedly carried the topic for most of the day with funny contributions. One of his early observations -"I wonder if Preet Bharara is going to get Full Tilt t-shirts for knocking out three red pros."